× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Replacement fan - RN516

kevinffff
Aspirant

Replacement fan - RN516

My fan has started to become noisy, regardless of speed setting, where can I can a replacement from please?

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

Netgear does not sell parts.  You'll have to look for a standard PWM fan with similar specs.  Maybe somebody has already done this and has a suggected model.  But what I wanted to point out is that the connector pin order is non-standard.  See ReadyNas-pro-6-fan-stopped-working .  I'm not sure why nobody suggested in the post that the pins simply be removed and re-inserted in the new order, which is usually pretty easy with a fan.

Once you have done the swap, you may need to tweek the minimum fan speed in the OS if it starts stalling out on you when going at low speed.  Are you comfortable with the Linux command lione via SSH?

Message 2 of 7
kevinffff
Aspirant

Yes, I can use Linux command line, I grew up with CP/M & DOS so just have to google the syntax for Linux!

Message 3 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

Unfortunately, I've not seen anyone chime in with a specific model as a replacement.  Once you get one installed, then you'll need to see if it stalls out or needs a spe4ed boost to cool well enough.  If it does, then those can be adjusted via SSH.

Message 4 of 7
kevinffff
Aspirant

I have ordered this, will see how it goes: 

CYRMZAY Compatible for NMB-MAT 4710KL-04W-B56 12cm 12025 120mm DC 12V 0.72A 4-wire PWM case cooling fan

Message 5 of 7
Skepher
Aspirant

How did the fan replacement go?

my fan is starting to make noise as well.

Message 6 of 7
kevinffff
Aspirant

I waited weeks for the fan to arrive from China, by the time it arrived I was busy and the existing unit had stopped making any noise, so I humbly admit I've let sleeping dogs lie, for the moment.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements