× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Replacing 1TB with 2TB Hard Disk

ajaybabu27
Follower

I am currently using ReadyNAS NV+ [X-RAID] and firmware RAIDiator 4.1.9 [1.00a043].
I have 4 X 1TB drives. One of my drive is about to fail. I was wondering if I could replace that drive with 2TB drive which would effectively make it (1TB/1TB/2TB/1TB). Anything I should be aware of ?
Message 1 of 6
bollar
Aspirant

You can do this, but the extra space on the 2TB drive won't be available to you until all four drives are upgraded to 2TB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Message 2 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Replacing 1TB with 2TB Hard Disk

If you download your logs (Status > Logs > Download all logs) and extract the zip contents what does partition.log look like?
Message 3 of 6
texastone2000
Aspirant

I have a ReadyNas Pro Business Edition X-RAID2
Serial <REMOVED BY MODERATOR>
firmware 4.2.5
Volume C: 6 disks 88% of 4606 gb used

First, how do I increase the size to match the amount of drives that I have installed without reformatting and starting over creating the Raid.

Second, I just purchased 2TB drives to replace all of my current 1TB drives that are currently installed. Can I simply hot swap them?
Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

What drives to you have installed now?

Also why are you running such old firmware?
Message 5 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

texastone since you're running firmware that is so old you would be best to update to the latest firmware, backup your data and do a factory default with the new disks installed and then restore data from backup.

Your volume capacity looks normal for 6x1TB disks installed using X-RAID2 single-redundancy. See the X-RAID Volume Size Calculator (see link in my sig).
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements