× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Replicate failes since firmware 6.4.0 (RN102)

Kim1572
Aspirant

Replicate failes since firmware 6.4.0 (RN102)

Hi,

since updating to firmware 6.4.0, Replicate over internet failes with exit code 10 (RN102). According to log files the detected connection before the update was relayed (method 5), afterwards LAN (mehod 2). The target NAS is not yet on firmware 6.4.0. Does someone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kim

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Kim1572
Aspirant

Re: Replicate failes since firmware 6.4.0 (RN102)

Since upgrading the second ReadyNAS to firmware 6.4.0, the Replicate backup works again.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Are the ReadyNAS on the same LAN or are they on different networks? Replicate shouldn't go from relayed to LAN if they're on different networks.  

Exit code 10 is "Error in socket I/O" which means that if it is trying to use the relay or VPN and it isn't connected correctly, then this might be an issue.

Which ReadyNAS did you upgrade to 6.4.0, the destination or the source? Maybe a reboot of both boxes could resolve an network connection issue between the units.

Message 2 of 4
Kim1572
Aspirant

They are on different networks. The source device of the failing Replicate job is on 6.4.0, destination on some older firmware.

Replicate in the other direction (old firmware to new) still works. I already tried the firmware 6.4.1-TP21 without success.

I could update the second ReadyNAS to 6.4.0, but I fear the second Replicate job could also stop working.

Message 3 of 4
Kim1572
Aspirant

Since upgrading the second ReadyNAS to firmware 6.4.0, the Replicate backup works again.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements