× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Request: Backup to OneDrive

fraserm1
Tutor

Request: Backup to OneDrive

Hello,

I see that DSM5.1 on Synology NAS devices now supports OneDrive cloud storage for backing files up to. I already subscribe to OneDrive extensively, so would like to be able to backup my files there.

Now that the competition has it, any chance that NetGear could pull this off too? Would please me greatly, and a few others no doubt.

Thanks,
Fraser
Message 1 of 9
fraserm1
Tutor

Actually, realised I`m not properly explaining my user story - in fact, I want this to be more of a 2-way file sync. I want to choose certain folders/files on my ReadyNAS to be able to back-up onto OneDrive, but then I would also like to maintain a local version of certain OneDrive folders on my ReadyNAS (ie. Camera Roll, so it is easily viewable through DLNA etc..).

That`d be nice.
Message 2 of 9
darthy
Apprentice

Would be great to see support for backup to OneDrive.
Message 3 of 9
Kardano1
Guide

I think that OneDrive and GoogleDrive should be fully supported. It is possible that today are already used more than Dropbox .
Message 4 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

That's a great idea! As a work around you could have a middle PC that has the Onedrive software installed and point backups of the Readynas-> PC's OneDrive folder. Then OneDrive or Google Drive auto sync the PC to the cloud from there. I may play with this idea a bit. Thanks for sharing!
Message 5 of 9
randomnut1
Apprentice

I have a RN104 and would also like to see OneDrive support added.

Now that they are giving away unlimited storage with Office 365 subscriptions it seems like a golden opportunity.

I fear this will be something Netgear will make us pay for via a new device release however 😕
Message 6 of 9
AndrewT1
Aspirant

Hi..

I use BitTorrent sync on my 104 and MAC/PC/hone to sync all my Cloud services back to my RN104....

Andrew
Message 7 of 9

Andrew,

Can you please explain exactly how you do this. I have Bitorrent installed and I would like to backup my readynas 104 to my onedrive account.

please help.
Message 8 of 9

Please explain how you do this...

specificall with regard to onedrive....

I would like to backup to onedrive without having to use my computer accept for the inital setup..

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements