× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Reset ReadyNAS 102 because of poor performance, now snapshots do not work unless done manually.

Jshoe
Tutor

Reset ReadyNAS 102 because of poor performance, now snapshots do not work unless done manually.

Reset ReadyNAS 102 because of poor performance, now snapshots do not work unless done manually. I have a few folder setup to take a snapshot daily and some weekly. It never takes the snapshot unless I do it manually. How can I fix this?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: Reset ReadyNAS 102 because of poor performance, now snapshots do not work unless done manually.

After my reset, I restored the configuration and automatic snapshots still work.

The NAS is turned on at midnight (in whatever timezone it is set to)???

Message 2 of 6
Jshoe
Tutor

No. I have it turn off at 11PM. There's no need for it to be on later. Is that the only time snapshots can be done?

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Jshoe wrote:

Is that the only time snapshots can be done?

Yes.(Though they seem to be created slightly later on my system - the last one is created about 1-2 minutes after midnight).

Message 4 of 6
Jshoe
Tutor

@StephenB wrote:

@Jshoe wrote:

Is that the only time snapshots can be done?

Yes.

If I set it for 12:10AM will it do all snapshots and then turn off or just turn off without doing them? Also, the allow snapshot access checkbox allows user's to see previous versions in WIndows correct? Thanks for your help. That was driving me crazy.

Message 5 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

That should be plenty of time for the snapshot to be taken.

Yes, with "allow snapshot access" you can see previous versions in Windows.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements