× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Reset default Password not Working???

MD0MDI
Aspirant

Reset default Password not Working???

I have a ReadyNAS NV+ and I have just fitted 4 new drives (all 2 Tb) to the unit, I have done a Full Factory reset and left it to redo the volume. all done correctly, well it now displays 5.4Tb Free (was hoping for 6Tb but I supose thats taken up with the OS or whatever?!).

Anyway, it is now sitting there happy, all lights on and all seems OK.

BUT.... When I try to login to the unit I get asked for the Login / Password, but it does not except the default password?

I have done a factory reset now 3 times, it displays 'Factory Reset' on the screen on the front of the unit, so I know it is doing it, BUT the password is still nto be set to 'admin' and 'password',

any ideas????????

James
Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Re: Reset default Password not Working???

If you have an NV+ V1 the password would be netgear1
Message 2 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

MD0MDI wrote:
I have a ReadyNAS NV+ and I have just fitted 4 new drives (all 2 Tb) to the unit, I have done a Full Factory reset and left it to redo the volume. all done correctly, well it now displays 5.4Tb Free (was hoping for 6Tb but I supose thats taken up with the OS or whatever?!).

Disks manufacturers consider 1KB = 1000 Bytes i.e. 1TB = 1000^4 Bytes whereas like most computers the NAS considers 1KB = 1024 Bytes and 1TB = 1024^4 Bytes. Now 6TB (according to disk manufacturers) = 6 / 1024^4 * 1000^4 = 5.46TB (according to the NAS). Same amount just a different measurement. There are of course some overheads etc. (such as the OS partition) so volume capacity is a bit less.
MD0MDI wrote:

BUT.... When I try to login to the unit I get asked for the Login / Password, but it does not except the default password?

I have done a factory reset now 3 times, it displays 'Factory Reset' on the screen on the front of the unit, so I know it is doing it, BUT the password is still nto be set to 'admin' and 'password',

any ideas????????

Are you sure you have the v2? The v2 chassis is a charcoal colour and the v1 chassis is a silver colour. Have a look at http://www.readynas.com/kb/faq/boot/what_is_the_frontview_default_login_and_password_after_a_factory...

What version of RAIDiator is on the NV+? If the NV+ is a v1 and you're running firmware older than 4.1.7 you should update the firmware, verify the update is successful and do another factory default. A factory default on 4.1.7 or later gives 4k sector partition alignment.

What brand and model hard disks?
Message 3 of 7
MD0MDI
Aspirant

Thanks StephenB, I was getting this well mixed up, the back of the unit has a 'v3' on it, also a bit 'Pissed' as just got the unit from Amazon, really annoyed there selling old kit!

Thanks mdgm for the explaination, I am use to using HP Rack RAIDs which work differently!

James
Message 4 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I think Amazon has a good return policy so you might want to contact them and see if you can return it then go buy a v2.
Message 5 of 7
MD0MDI
Aspirant

Wish I could but got the unit from them about 8 months ago, only just now got around to affording a set of drives for it!
Message 6 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Ah well then you bought the unit before the v2 was released back in November 2011.

Also note that the free phone support is for the first 90 days since purchase. Since you're after this period you can still get free online support (see http://www.readynas.com/support for details) and you can also get help from this forum.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements