× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Restore dead volume on RN104

Thygmn2
Aspirant

Restore dead volume on RN104

I know this is very similar to some other recent posts, but I haven't found an exact solution searching the forums. 

I have a RN104 with four drives in x-raid. One of the drives went out of sync, and when I tried to resync the array, another drive failed and it declared the array as dead. Now when I boot, the drives all initialise as OK, they don't seem to be broken mechanically or anything, but the system says there are no volumes. I have been careful not to create new volumes.

I'd really like to force the drives to be back in an array so that I can extract whatever data is still intact. Even if some files were corrupted by going out of sync, I have a lot of old photos that I don't have other backups for anymore. If anyone can point me in the right direction to re-mount the drives manually I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers 🙂

Message 1 of 2
PCMTechnologies
Aspirant

Re: Restore dead volume on RN104

Sorry to hear this happened to you as well.

We had the same error which lead us to find that the raid was broken but the device could not repair it.

The Netgear paid support was no help.

They just kept telling us they could not connect to the device or would ignore us when they could connect to the device.

We ended up just recovering the data ourselves.

If you still need help with this give us a call.

PCM Technologies - Global Reach, Local IT Department (pcmsystems.com)

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements