× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Restoring OS6 default shares? Restarting Config Wizard?

rcarr6502
Tutor

Restoring OS6 default shares? Restarting Config Wizard?

Like dtarin in this post (https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/How-to-restore-default-shares/m-p/1140916), I lost my default shares when I destroyed my initial XRAID volume so I could re-create it as a Flex-RAID volume.  Running OS 6.9.3.

Is there really no way to get them back?  Is there a way to restart the Offline Config Wizard?  (Would that force the ReadyNAS to recreate the defalut shares?)  

Having spent quite a bit of trial-and-error time trying to get permissions and other settings correct in custom shares, I'd like to avoid the same exercise when re-creating the default shares.

Model: RN628X|ReadyNAS 628X - Ultimate Performance Business Data Storage - 8-Bay
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Restoring OS6 default shares? Restarting Config Wizard?

@rcarr6502 wrote:

Is there really no way to get them back?  

No there isn't.  You need to manually recreate them, and set up the any permissions again (also snapshot settings, etc).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@rcarr6502 wrote:

Is there really no way to get them back?  

No there isn't.  You need to manually recreate them, and set up the any permissions again (also snapshot settings, etc).

Message 2 of 3
rcarr6502
Tutor

I discovered that the online ReadyNAS Simulator is configured with the default shares; you can inspect how their configured and what their permissions are.

https://www.netgear.com/landing/readynas-sandbox.aspx

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements