× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Restoring deleted files

Sa9aX11
Guide

Restoring deleted files

Hi

Using Network Explorer , how do I restore a directory in ReadyNAS HD. ( eg. \\NAS\(dir deleted) ).

I mistaken deleted a whole directory but "Undo" in Network Explorer doesn't work.

I tried using "recover" on the ReadyNAS page but doesn't work. I have tested this "recover" function on ReadyNAS page by creating a empty directory and then delete it, and then select "recover" but I don't get nothing.

Sal

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Sa9aX11
Guide

@mdgm wrote:

Do you have snapshots on the relevant share?

No, do I suppose to do a snapshot for every file or directory I copy on ReadyNAS HD?

Sal

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Message 2 of 7
Sa9aX11
Guide

@mdgm wrote:

No, do I suppose to do a snapshot for every file or directory I copy on ReadyNAS HD?

Sal

Message 3 of 7
Sa9aX11
Guide

@Sa9aX11 wrote:

@mdgm wrote:

Sal

Ok you right using Snapshot restores undelete files on ReadyNAS HD but Windows Explorer (Network) doesn't when using "undo"  and the delete files aren't located in the Recycle Bin.

Sal

Message 4 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@Sa9aX11 wrote:

Ok you right using Snapshot restores undelete files on ReadyNAS HD but Windows Explorer (Network) doesn't when using "undo"  and the delete files aren't located in the Recycle Bin.

That is normal behavior.  You can make the snapshots accessible with windows, and you can also set up the NAS so the right-click option to see/restore previous versions works.

Message 5 of 7
Sa9aX11
Guide

@StephenB wrote:

@Sa9aX11 wrote:

That is normal behavior.  You can make the snapshots accessible with windows, and you can also set up the NAS so the right-click option to see/restore previous versions works.

I don't use Snapshot (anyway I don't know how) on Windows I use the Rubbish Bin or Undo (recent) to find the delete file/dir and then restore it.

Thanks about using Previous Version(s) on Window Explorer to recover deleted files/dir on ReadyNAS HD.

Sal.

Message 6 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@Sa9aX11 wrote:

Thanks about using Previous Version(s) on Window Explorer to recover deleted files/dir on ReadyNAS HD.

Note that will only recover previous versions stored in the snapshots.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements