× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

'Root' volume is at 100%

Harrell0
Aspirant

'Root' volume is at 100%

Hello

My ReadyNAS RN2120 is getting me the error that the system volume 'root' is at 100% usage 

I need to fix this problem so that i can update the RadyNAS OS

Model: RN2120|ReadyNAS 2120 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: 'Root' volume is at 100%

@Harrell0 wrote:

I will contact paid support to get a price.

There should be a per-incident support option available that would be the cheapest.  If you can't find it, send a private message to one of the mods ( @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V ), using the envelope icon in the top right of the forum page.

Also, don't purchase Gearhead support, as it doesn't cover the NAS.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 11

All Replies
Harrell0
Aspirant

and this is what ssh is showing

Message 2 of 11
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Harrell0,

The OS partition is full which is why you get that message. Do you have any 3rd party apps installed on your NAS?

It will be best for you to contact NETGEAR support so they can help you in freeing up space on the OS partition.

If you are very familiar with configuring your NAS via SSH, other Community members may be able to provide you advice on how to free up some space on the OS partition.

Regards,

Message 3 of 11
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Harrell0,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as a solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The NETGEAR community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 4 of 11
Harrell0
Aspirant

The support team will not work with me because the product is End-of-Life.

How do i find out what is the biggest folder in the root directory and how to free up space in that directory ?

Message 5 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@Harrell0 wrote:

The support team will not work with me because the product is End-of-Life.

End-of-Life status doesn't matter, you can still purchase paid support as long as

1. the equipment is new
  2. you purchased from an authorized reseller.

@Harrell0 wrote:

How do i find out what is the biggest folder in the root directory and how to free up space in that directory ?

One way to find the biggest folder is here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/RN314-FW-6-7-1-root-partition-full-...

What apps do you have installed? 

Do you use USB backup jobs on the NAS?

Message 6 of 11
Harrell0
Aspirant

No i do not have any apps installed, its used as just a stright NAS device. 

And i do not use USB Backup jobs.

Message 7 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@Harrell0 wrote:

There should be a per-incident support option available that would be the cheapest.  If you can't find it, send a private message to one of the mods ( @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V ), using the envelope icon in the top right of the forum page.

Also, don't purchase Gearhead support, as it doesn't cover the NAS.

Message 8 of 11
Harrell0
Aspirant

So yes, I got in touch with support and they did help me fix the problem with the ReadyNAS. They do have a per-incident way to pay for support and thats what i had to do. And again what you said the Gearhead would now have covered it. 

Thank you for the help

Message 9 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@Harrell0 wrote:

Gearhead would now have covered it. 

Certainly it didn't in the past.  Hopefully @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V will clarify this aspect for other users.

Message 10 of 11
Sandshark
Sensei

I think that's a typo.  Should say "not", not "now", since he seems to be agreeing with you.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements