× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SCVMM 2012 and ReadyNAS 3200

razzle69
Aspirant

SCVMM 2012 and ReadyNAS 3200

I am trying to set up the ReadyNAS 3200 (4.2.22) as a storage provider in SCVMM 2012. VMM is asking for either an SMI-S provider or an SMP provider but does not see the ReadyNAS as such. I have an iSCSI LUN set up but i have found no other way to attach the 3200 LUN to VMM to expose the storage. Is there any support for SMI or SMP in the ReadyNAS? If not, is there any plans to add it in the future?
Message 1 of 3
Dean_Bostedor
Aspirant

Re: SCVMM 2012 and ReadyNAS 3200

I am wondering the same thing. I have a ReadyNAS 4200 and am having the same problem. Also, is there any tools available that monitors performance over time and provides graphs?
Message 2 of 3
razzle69
Aspirant

Re: SCVMM 2012 and ReadyNAS 3200

I haven't gotten an answer on this yet. But for performance monitoring i have been using the Nas-Monitor plugin by Super-Poussin. It requires the php5 plugin to run but gives you all the stats that you are looking for. You can find it in the community add ons forum. If you are familiar with Linux you can do quite a bit with the readynas.
On the scvmm control, i have found generic smi-s storage providers for linux, but have been unwilling to try them on a production system. As far as i know, netgear has not implemented those standards in Readynas yet. I wish they would.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements