× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SMB shares windows access getting to the NAS

NAS2304isbad
Aspirant

SMB shares windows access getting to the NAS

This is getting old.

Each every person in here, all of you, not one of you has any issues at all accessing a share via SMB, through windows network locations or any other means? You all can make a user, applies persmissions and access and all works fine? Yes or No?

Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: SMB shares windows access getting to the NAS

@NAS2304isbad wrote:

This is getting old.

Each every person in here, all of you, not one of you has any issues at all accessing a share via SMB, through windows network locations or any other means? You all can make a user, applies persmissions and access and all works fine? Yes or No?

Please stop scattering your comments across multiple threads - that is not constructive.

I have no issues accessing my various NAS using SMB, NFS, and FTP.  File permissions all work as I want them too.

We can help, but only if you are actually responsive, and don't just keep posting complaints w/o information.

Message 2 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: SMB shares windows access getting to the NAS

Actually, I have run into an issue with Windows and Linux SMB where Windows doesn't seem to access the NAS (or other Linux device) properly by nane, you have to use the IP address or add the IP address to the HOSTS file.  It's been reported in forums not related to the ReadyNAS, and it started happening about a year or so ago after one of the major Win10 updates.  But I'm not convinced that's your problem because you just keep using generalities to describe what you have done and what is happening.

We can help you, but you must first help yourself by being specific.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements