× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SMPT setup fails with error code 5008010003

fazil124
Aspirant

SMPT setup fails with error code 5008010003

HI,

I have a ready nas 4220, I tried to set up email alert with my exchange and it fails saying "msmtp:the server does not support authentication". can anyone help me out please. I am new to ReadyNAS

Thanks,

Fazil

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Normally Microsoft Exchange doesn't use SMTP, unless the exchange server is set up for a "mixed mode" environment.  But if the NAS is telling you that the SMTP server doesn't support authentication, then try removing the user and password from the setup.

One workaround is to set up a gmail account for the NAS, and then apply a forwarding rule in gmail.  Or contact whoever administers the exchange server for help.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

What email provider are you using?

Message 2 of 5
fazil124
Aspirant

Hi StephenB,

I have a Windows exchange setup. and the Ready NAS is also present in the same network. i provided the IP to the mail server and also the port number. still doesnt work.

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Normally Microsoft Exchange doesn't use SMTP, unless the exchange server is set up for a "mixed mode" environment.  But if the NAS is telling you that the SMTP server doesn't support authentication, then try removing the user and password from the setup.

One workaround is to set up a gmail account for the NAS, and then apply a forwarding rule in gmail.  Or contact whoever administers the exchange server for help.

Message 4 of 5
fazil124
Aspirant

Thanks a lot that solved the issue.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements