× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

[SSH-access denied] Anyone care to help?

Xophile
Aspirant

[SSH-access denied] Anyone care to help?

Hi!

I installed the EnableRootSSH_1.0-x86.bin om ny Ultra 4, rebooted and in the logs it says that everything went fine. I'm new to Putty but tried to connect to my NAS IP with root as login and my frontview admin-password but I get access denied. I've not mispelled my password and I've tried to reinstalled the SSH-addon several times.

Any ideas? I'm also looking for a step-by-step tutorial for Putty/ReadyNAS/SSH but I can't find anyone detailed enough, most simply write "Use Putty to SSH into your NAS..." but I think I need some more steps described.

Thank you kindly!
Message 1 of 4
bbaraniec
Luminary

Re: [SSH-access denied] Anyone care to help?

Default password for root is "netgear1", ofc without the " 🙂
Message 2 of 4
RND44251
Aspirant

Xophile wrote:
Hi!

I installed the EnableRootSSH_1.0-x86.bin om ny Ultra 4, rebooted and in the logs it says that everything went fine. I'm new to Putty but tried to connect to my NAS IP with root as login and my frontview admin-password but I get access denied. I've not mispelled my password and I've tried to reinstalled the SSH-addon several times.

Any ideas? I'm also looking for a step-by-step tutorial for Putty/ReadyNAS/SSH but I can't find anyone detailed enough, most simply write "Use Putty to SSH into your NAS..." but I think I need some more steps described.

Thank you kindly!

Hi, I have same problem.
my NAS is NVX4000 (ver 4.2.17)
what't cause.
Message 3 of 4
RND44251
Aspirant

Hi,
I solves the problem.
you try to reinstall "Enable RootSSH"

when, after reinstall "Enable RootSSH"
you will be able to frontview log message "Successfully enabled root SSH access. The root password is now the same as your admin password."
you enter login as: root, password: frontview access password and will access success.

I guess, this problem is SSH issue or bug.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements