× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SSL Cert not secure

Retired_Member
Not applicable

SSL Cert not secure

The SSL cert (to manage NAS) was good until I changed the NAS from "local users" to "Active Directory".

*The SSL Key Host is the IP address of the NAS, and the cert is still in the Trustede Root Certification Authorities for Chrome

Firmware is 6.7.1

I have the same issue on a ReadyNAS 4312

Anyone have a suggestion on what I can check?

Model: RN3130|READYNAS 3130 1U 4-Bay
Message 1 of 9
StephenB
Guru

I suspect the IP address of the NAS changed after you generated the self-signed cert.

Message 2 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

nope, I access the NAS with the same static IP.

I have the NIC's bonded, with 1 IP...and I just checked and its the same IP as the SSL Key Host

Message 3 of 9
StephenB
Guru

Curious.  Perhaps another AD user will chime in.

Personally I just click through those warnings.

Message 4 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

This is an issue for Chrome.  I was able to add the cert in IE...and it was fine.  I was also abel to use Edge and it was fine.

*it seems Netgear needs to add something to the cert for Chrome to "recognize" its valid.

Message 5 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

it seems Netgear needs to add something to the cert for Chrome to "recognize" its valid.

What's really needed is an easy path to getting a CA cert on the NAS.

Message 6 of 9
johnw248
Aspirant

I get "not secure" on both Chrome and IE on only ONE of FIVE devices.  A 104 3EP943E900302.  All these rest connect to the admin page in chrome but with the grey circle with a dot in it.  Have tried adding a cert and nothing changes except sometimes the page stalls after the splash screen.

Would be nice if it was possible just to connect without any cert necessary.....how do you turn off the secruity check?

Message 7 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I will switch to IE, to use HTTPS.  I cannot control users and what they bring into the network....all is would take is some user or someone having access to the network and the use of WireShark, and if you use HTTP (non-secure) they could easily see your password in plain text.

*if you want no cert error, just turn off HTTPS, but I recommend against it.

Message 8 of 9
johnw248
Aspirant

It is on a home network and no one else has access physically to the system.  But all the units are configured the same and only this one has the problem on the admin page.....

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements