× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP (Firefox) OR ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH (Chrome)

RoBa
Star

SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP (Firefox) OR ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH (Chrome)

Hello. For some days (I would say after updating Firefox and Chorme to the latest version) I can not access the web version of the nas interface, updated to the latest firmware available on 5.3.13 .. How can I solve the problem? Thanks in advance.

Model: RND2000v2 (ReadyNAS Duo v2)|READYNAS DUO v2 (DISKLESS)|EOL
Message 1 of 18
Caesium
Aspirant

Re: SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP (Firefox) OR ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH (Chrome)

I'm having the same problem, I cannot access my readynas as all via any browser. I get the same error message as the original poster.

I have managed to get onto my NAS by setting up DNS on my home router and pointing the DNS address at the NAS and then it allows me to connect but I cannot connect via the static IP address of the NAS. I have upgraded to 6.9.4 hotfix 1 and this issue still remains.

I've had this NAS since 2013 and this has never been an issue before now. If users do not have the ability to create DNS entries on their own LAN then their NAS is inaccessible and therefore quite useless.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 2 of 18
Roel1
Apprentice

I'm having exactly the same problem on Firefox and Chrome.

On Chrome, the full message is:

This site can’t provide a secure connection

192.168.1.236 uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Enviroment:

Firmware 6.9.4

Windows 10

Firefox v63

Chrome v71

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 3 of 18
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@RoBa

The Duo V2 is already a legacy NAS so this has something to do with an outdated https implementation and certificate. There are no more further updates for this NAS so it is not fixable. The only suggestion that we can provide is to try a different web browser.

@Caesium

You should not have experience the issue since you already are on the latest firmware. The problem that you are describing with IP vs DNS, working with DNS but not IP, means that either the SSL cert needs to be regenerated from the HTTPS tab or there is another issue You may also enable Secure Diagnostic Mode so we can check this issue further. You may PM me the 5-digit number after enabling it.

@Roel1

Same as what I have told Caesium, you should not experience this error with the latest firmware 6.9.4 hotfix 1. Please enable also SDM on your NAS then PM me the 5-digit number so we can further check this.

Regards,

Message 4 of 18
RoBa
Star

Hello everyone.

Today I found a browser named Lunascape6 and finally I managed to get the web access of the old Nas Duo V2. I hope it can help.

Model: ReadyNAS RND2110v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2
Message 5 of 18
chakd
Aspirant

Dissapointment that we're basically locked out from managing the ReadyNAS Pro2 and support simply says too bad.  This means, yes I'll buy another NAS asap, and no it won't be netgear.

Message 6 of 18
StephenB
Guru

@chakd wrote:

Dissapointment that we're basically locked out from managing the ReadyNAS Pro2 and support simply says too bad.  This means, yes I'll buy another NAS asap, and no it won't be netgear.

FWIW, I'm not seeing this problem with my own NAS (either the Pro-6 or the older NV+/Duo v1s).  Both Chrome and Firefox connect to Frontview with no problem.  Both browsers say they are up to date, and https is enabled in Frontview.

Netgear replaced the ReadyNAS Pro with OS-6 NAS over 5 years ago (early 2013), so it's not too surprising that they've discontinued firmware updates.  One option you have with the Pro2 is that you can convert it to run OS-6.

Message 7 of 18
Roel1
Apprentice

Hi @JohnCM_S

How do I enable SDM? Do I need to be logged into the ReadyNAS device first?

Many thanks

Message 8 of 18
Roel1
Apprentice

Hi @JohnCM_S

I've managed to get into the admin screen using the Lunascape browser. I can PM my 5 digit number to you.

Message 9 of 18
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @Roel1, if Lunascript works, your issue is most probably caused by the browser engines in firefox (gecko) and chrome (blink forked from apple's webkit). Lunascript however can use three different browser engines depending on situation. Beyond gecko and blink the third one is trident from ancient Internet explorer. I hate too much speculation, but would not be surprised, that your Lunascript is using trident to render the admin page of the nas fossil. I would like to support @StephenB's suggestion to switch to OS6 to get rid of the problems.

Some more background about Lunascript and how to control the browser engine being used by it here

https://www.lunascape.tv/products/win/orion/about.aspx

Message 10 of 18
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Oops, in my previous post except in the link please replace "lunascript" by "lunascape". Sorry for confusion.

Message 11 of 18
Roel1
Apprentice

I'd like to thank @JohnCM_S for providing a solution, which was to disable the "Encrypted web scan" option in Bitdefender. Smiley Happy
In Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2019 it's: Protection -> Online threat prevention -> Settings -> Encrypted web scan.

Message 12 of 18
chakd
Aspirant

bitdefender encrypted web scan option fixed it for me too.  much appreciated

Message 13 of 18
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @Roel1, thanks for mentioning browser lunascape, drawing my attention to it and hereby giving me the opportunity to try it out. I like it for its flexibility.

Thanks again and kind regards

Message 14 of 18
Numb3r6
Apprentice

Thanks for that info regarding Bitdefender. I went to do some stuff this morning and was greeted with worrying messages. First being on trying to save a document, and was greeted with a warning that the disk was full!! (which it isn't)

Naturally I went to the NAS Frontview page and started getting these other errors, in differing flavours on Firefox and Chome. Then I wondered if it was some product support/date linked thing, being the 1st of Jan. Finding this thread helped.

I installed Bitdefender Total Security 2019 only a week or two ago. Oddly these prolems had not shown before today though.
I was reassured that the NAS wasn't FUBAR as I could still access limited management stuff via the app I have on my iPad, and nothing grim was showing there. Worth knowing about that one as it's a quick test independent of Windows, which seems to be getting more problematic all the time.

Whilst my BD2019 is a newish thing and I appreciate that you have to try certain things to discover what setting tweaks are needed , it's a PITA that when the issue occurs I've not been given a very obvious BD2019 alert that grabs your attention. I had to go looking for it, but without this thread I would not have suspected given the non-issue between install and today.

As a product it is highly rated, mostly due to its lightness but when it gets in the way of things it doesn't seem too helpful or intuititive at times.

Model: ReadyNAS RND2000|ReadyNAS Duo Chassis only
Message 15 of 18
pdou
Aspirant

Thank you - this works perfectly for me!

Model: ReadyNAS RND2110v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2
Message 16 of 18
JVT000000000001
Aspirant

This worked for me to, tnx

Model: RN10211D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2-Bay
Message 17 of 18
drummer54
Aspirant

Bit defender advice fix it it...very good

Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements