× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Samba doesn't work anymore

IvanVSA
Aspirant

Samba doesn't work anymore

Hello, pals!

Today i'd face the problem with samba on my RN104. After turning the server off and that turned it on everything seemed ok unless i couldn't reach the server via samba. When i tryed to turn the SMB service on from web interface it delayed for 5-10 seconds and then nothing happend. It still off! Please help! 

I have ReadyNAS 104 server, sw ver. 6.7.5

FTP and SSH connections are ok.
Here was very similar problem solved with overwriting default config file. But i have no idea which file to overwrite and were i could find the source for it

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
IvanVSA
Aspirant

Re: Samba doesn't work anymore

Dear Skywalker!
Thank you for help and response. Actually, i tryied to reinstall samba, meditated on logs but finally made OS Reinstall and that helped. So i can not try your advise but anyway thank you!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

Well, I can't tell how it happened, but I can tell you how to fix it.  These two commands should take care of it:

# rm /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libwbclient.so.0.13
# ldconfig
Message 2 of 6
IvanVSA
Aspirant

Dear Skywalker!
Thank you for help and response. Actually, i tryied to reinstall samba, meditated on logs but finally made OS Reinstall and that helped. So i can not try your advise but anyway thank you!

Message 3 of 6
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

You'll probably want to still run that `rm` command anyway.  Otherwise, it may revert to a non-working state if you install an app or some other package that includes a new library.

Message 4 of 6
IvanVSA
Aspirant

UPD!!!
As i wrote before i made OS Reinstall and after it was done at the first reboot Samba starts properly. But after that i made next reboot and the problem accure again.

There is a quote from console:

Spoiler
root@vsa_moscow:~# rm /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libwbclient.so.0.13
root@vsa_moscow:~# ldconfig
/sbin/ldconfig.real: libraries libsnapper.so.2.1.0 and libsnapper.so.2.5.0 in directory /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi have same soname but different type.
/sbin/ldconfig.real: /usr/lib/libreadycloud.so.1 is not a symbolic link
Message 5 of 6
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

That shouldn't cause a problem.  Samba should start normally now.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements