× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Same old questions I guess....

tryin
Aspirant

Same old questions I guess....

I have had access to my ReadyNAS NV+ for a few years but never had the requirement for streaming etc.
Well, the time has come to bite the bullet - and because I'm finding information overload, I thought I'd just ask a couple of BASIC questions...
:?

I want to be able to put my mp4v and mp4a Apple movie files in the 'MOVIES' folder in the shared folder called MOVIES and play them on (particularly) my Apple devices.
I have put them in the shared folder but I am unclear what application I need to play them on my Apple iPad or even (hopefully) my Apple TV.
Can someone advise please?

I note there is something called ReadyDLNA. Is that for non Apple stuff to be played on Playstations ?

Am I right in thinking that the ReadyNas does not need any add-in apps to make movies stream to Apple or Android devices? - and just an app on the Apple, PS3, or Android devices

Thanks in advance for any getting started help...

:wink:
Message 1 of 2
Nhellie
Virtuoso

Re: Same old questions I guess....

Check the thread on the link below, basically has the same questions that you have:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=71395&start=15
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements