× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Samsung tv + readynas nv+

starbase804
Aspirant

Samsung tv + readynas nv+

Hi, does anyone know why my Samsung T32E390SX won't see my readynas. All of my other Samsung UExxxx Tv's see it. It does see my laptop as a media server. All are on the same network, all connect to the internet but this one damned tv won't see the readynas nv+ box. 

any help appreciated

thanks

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 8
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Samsung tv + readynas nv+

Hi starbase804,

Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the ReadyDLNA?

What is the firmware of the ReadyNAS NV+?

Regards,

Message 2 of 8
starbase804
Aspirant

yeah tried that. f/w RAIDiator 4.1.15

just odd that its the one tv. 3 other samsungs see it ok, 2 ps3, 2 ps4's, 1 xbox, 1 firestick and a couple of other devices all see the box ok.

Message 3 of 8
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi starbase804,

What is the version of ReadyDLNA are you running? You may try installing the Sparc add-on update and see if that will help. You can download it here.

Regards,

Message 4 of 8
starbase804
Aspirant

Thanks, but already running that version.
Message 5 of 8
TeknoJnky
Hero

if your other devices can see your nas, then I suggest that it is not the NAS problem, but either a TV problem, or an issue with your network between the affected TV and the nas.

some routers can block the (broadcast) protocols used by dlna, epecially if using WIFI.

Try an ethernet connection if you are using wifi on that tv, or double check if there is a tv firmware update, or if other people on the internet are using that model tv and have problems too.

Message 6 of 8
starbase804
Aspirant

The TV sees the Netgear genie dlna running on my laptop. Is there any difference between the ready Nas and the genie app?
Message 7 of 8
TeknoJnky
Hero

No idea, but the NV+ is a very old device (I have one too), so I would not expect to have the latest and greatest dlna support.

But if the NV+ works with your other tvs, then obviously it is working, so while I suppose there could be something the tv doesn't like with the nv+, I would expect the problem to be related to the TV itself, or the network connection, as previously mention.

As a fellow home media streamer, I would suggest you look into PLEX and consider upgrading to a newer model readynas thats capable of running the current version of plex server.

You can still keep the NV+ around for backup and/or extra storage, but its unfortunately it is not very well suited for todays media streaming needs (In my opinion as a fellow owner of one).

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements