× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Service offline - RN102

computeaway
Aspirant

Services offline - RN102

Having the same issue with a customer's RN102. Will not connect to services no matter what I try (fixed IP, Dynamic IP, DNS servers, reboot, stop/start services, etc.). I sold the machine to them because they wanted this type of remote access and they're getting a bit anxey. Running latest 6.4.1 update.

Message 1 of 11
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Service offline - RN102

Hello computeaway,

Welcome to the community!

You may need to get info of the network setup, where is the NAS connected directly? If it is straight to the network's router or to a switch.

Please also try adding 8.8.8.8 as secondary DNS on the network settings of the NAS.

Regards,

Message 2 of 11
computeaway
Aspirant

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply.

The LAN setup is an ADSL modem/router connected to a basic TP-Link Gigabit switch. The Modem is a Netgear DGN2200.

I added the DNS of 8.8.8.8 but still no luck. Please see attached screen captures.

Regards,

Andrew Buttner

ComputeAway.

2016-02-03.png2016-02-03 (1).png

Message 3 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you send in your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 4 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you try disabling IPv6 and see if this helps?

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 5 of 11
Tommy3012
Aspirant

Thanks adding the 8.8.8.8 did it for me .

Message 6 of 11
computeaway
Aspirant

Disabled IPv6 with no success.

Changed from static to dynamic and back again, no success.

added 8.8.8.8 in DNS settings, no success.

Happy to allow techs to login via remote desktop to local machine and give readycloud credentials if this will help in diagnosing the issue.

Message 7 of 11
computeaway
Aspirant

Hi,

I am still no closer to resolving the service connection issue.

The customer is using Optus (Australian ISP and phone carrier) for their ADSL2+ account. I am lead to believe they block some ports on their cheaper home plans, which I believe this customer uses.

Is it possible to know what ports the RN102 uses to communicate with so I can then go to Optus and find out if those ports are in-fact blocked by them?

I have also swapped the modem with another one, a TP-LINK TD-W8960N Wireless-N300 ADSL2+ Modem Router+4x10/100 Switch. This still didn't fix the problem.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 8 of 11
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello computeaway,

Have you tried connecting the NAS straight to the modem-router and not through the switch then see if the same problem?

Regards,

Message 9 of 11
computeaway
Aspirant

Hey guys,

My apologies for the late response to your suggestion.

The RN102 is now directly connected to the modem/router but alas no change in connection.

I have added screen shots of network config for RN102 and modem, and screen shots of said non-connection at bothdns.jpgnascloudstatus.jpgnaseth0.jpgreadycloudstatus.jpg ends.

Message 10 of 11
StephenB
Guru

Since you assigned a static address to the NAS, you needed to enter the DNS services on the NAS IP configuration (and you did not).  As a consequence your NAS cannot connect to the internet at all.

A better alternative is to switch to dhcp in the NAS, and assign 192.168.0.100 to the NAS in the router.  This is usually called address reservation, and your router should support it (look on the dhcp screens).

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements