× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Setup RAIDar username ore password don't work anymore.

Serve
Aspirant

Setup RAIDar username ore password don't work anymore.

Dear Readynas users. I have a big problem, after i installed RAIDar i was making setup and the setup wizard askt me for giving a new password.
After adding my new password, i can not log in with my new password and also the old password don't work anymore. Now i have no acces to the server on control pannel. How can i fixs this problem.
Message 1 of 5
PapaBear1
Guide

If the NAS is a new installation and there is no data on the unit, simply do a factory default. This will reset everything, but it will also wipe the drives. (Not a problem unless there is data present that is not backed up.

Probable cause is either an incorrect character or caps lock when entering the new password. Be very careful when entering, and make notes.
Message 2 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You could do a firmware re-install (http://www.readynas.com/kb/faq/boot/how_do_i_re-install_the_firmware) which will reset the password but leave data intact.
Message 3 of 5
Serve
Aspirant

Thanks for your help, i will try it.
Message 4 of 5
Serve
Aspirant

Job Done, now resyncing c: takes about 8 - 10 hours ( 6 drives Seagate 2 TB ). Thanks again for your help.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements