× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Share Permissions issue after 4.1.8 upgrade

jwbeard
Follower

Share Permissions issue after 4.1.8 upgrade

I just upgraded to 4.1.8, and started having permissions issues on one of my shares (the others still work perfectly) - sometimes the share reports that there are no files or folders when mounted via AFP (untrue, and if I try to create a new folder the folder flashes briefly and then disappears), others it will list the contents properly but refuses to allow write access. If I log in using CIFS, I can see the files but I need to get it working in AFP to preserve file tags and metadata...

I've double checked the share permissions in FrontView (Default access: Disabled; Write-enabled Users: me; Advanced AFP Permissions not enabled) are the same as the other shares that still work. I also renamed the defunct share (to Sarasvati2) and recreated one (as Sarasvati), which is working perfectly, so it doesn't seem to be a file path problem. In sum, it appears to be a permissions issue with the /Sarasvati folder on the device itself...

I'd prefer to not have to re-rsync the entirety of my photography archive to the drive, so if anyone knows how to fix the issue (if its a permissions problem or otherwise), I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks,
Jamie
Message 1 of 2
kalo1
Aspirant

Re: Share Permissions issue after 4.1.8 upgrade

I too have problems since upgrading to 4.1.8, specifically files written to CIFS shares are missing write permission despite read/write being the default.
Kalo
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements