× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Share permanently mounted

filippo333
Aspirant

Share permanently mounted

Not too long ago I tried mounting a USB 3 disk. It showed two identical partitions and I formatted both of them, I then ejected the disk but the share remains.

Accessing it from Windows explorer just results in an error as it cannot locate the share and reconnecting the drive still doesn't allow me browse the contents from the share either. It's just stuck there mocking me even after rebooting the ReadyNAS 102 several times on the latest firmware.

Is this a known issue?
Fil.
Message 1 of 6
Nhellie
Virtuoso

Re: Share permanently mounted

Try connecting the USB again, access it and if you are able to. Try ejecting again.
Message 2 of 6
filippo333
Aspirant

Nhellie wrote:
Try connecting the USB again, access it and if you are able to. Try ejecting again.

Just tried that, I am able to access the share from the web interface but it will no longer mount as a network share, it remains inaccessible. Even after ejecting the device the mountpoint just seems to be stuck there.
Message 3 of 6
Nhellie
Virtuoso

Did you test it on another computer on the network?
Message 4 of 6
filippo333
Aspirant

Nhellie wrote:

Yes, I can also see it on my laptop.
Message 5 of 6
filippo333
Aspirant

filippo333 wrote:
Nhellie wrote:

Yes, I can also see it on my laptop.

I am still looking for a solution to this problem which doesn't revolve around factory resetting the system... again...
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements