× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ShareName (FONTS) is reserved

goer
Aspirant

ShareName (FONTS) is reserved

Hello community -

while setting up my new ReadyNAS 214 (my old server unfortunately died over the Easter weekend), I have encountered this error message "ShareName (FONTS) is reserved", Code: 1002020808.

I was trying to restore the surroundings we used to have with the old NAS. All the other folder names are working, only this one acts as if "FONTS" were a name reserved by the operating system. I could work around this but it would be a bit of a hassle for my users because they would have to re-organize their font groups.

Every hint is welcome, thanks in advance!

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello goer,

Okay, I checked with others and found out that FONTS is one of the share names that you cannot use because it will conflict with HTTP share even if you do not use HTTP on shares. You can use FONT but not with the letter S at the end of the word.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
jak0lantash
Mentor

@goer wrote:

"ShareName (FONTS) is reserved"

Never encountered that before, but the error message seems self-explanatory.

Message 2 of 9
goer
Aspirant

Well the name was not reserved in the old RAIDar system (version 4.xx), otherwise I would not have been wondering why...

Message 3 of 9
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello goer,

Can you check if you will be able to add this name as a local user? It could mean that it is being used in the program of the ReadyNAS OS of your device and if that is the case then it is a product limitation.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 4 of 9
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello goer,

Can you check if you will be able to add this name as a local user? It could mean that it is being used in the program of the ReadyNAS OS of your device and if that is the case then it is a product limitation.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 5 of 9
jak0lantash
Mentor

@JennC wrote:

Same results -> "reserved".

Message 6 of 9
StephenB
Guru

I get the same error, and It isn't a user account or group on my RN526.

Message 7 of 9
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello goer,

Okay, I checked with others and found out that FONTS is one of the share names that you cannot use because it will conflict with HTTP share even if you do not use HTTP on shares. You can use FONT but not with the letter S at the end of the word.

Regards,

Message 8 of 9
goer
Aspirant

Thanks a lot JennC,

at least we have a plausible explanation now. We have gone with "SCHRIFTEN" instead and have changed/updated all links to that volume.

Cheers

goer

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements