× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Shares not showing up in GUI (frontview?) but they still exist in /data and can access over network

marc_carc
Follower

Shares not showing up in GUI (frontview?) but they still exist in /data and can access over network

Hi, the other day when logging in to my RN102 via my browser I found that all of my shares were missing. After the initial heart attack I was relieved to find that the files were still there, accessable over SMB, and if I ssh in I can see them still intact in /data/<sharename>. Interestingly, when I try to make a new share of the same name, it returns an error saying that the share name needs to be unique.

I am not sure what caused this. The only things I can think of is that I recently did a manual DLNA refresh. Also I was trying to set up the Transmission app which I see a few people claim causes issues (although I have not come across these symptoms).

I have tried using another browser but have the same issue. I have tried using both Windows 7 and Ubuntu. I have also tried turning on and off the DLNA service as I read that might help. So far no luck. Any ideas on how I can fix this? Ideally without having to do an external backup. Thanks

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Shares not showing up in GUI (frontview?) but they still exist in /data and can access over n...

Hi @marc_carc

Welcome to the community!

On shares not showing up on GUI, what firmware is installed on your RN102? If you have not updated to 6.9.1 we might as well try to do so. May we request for the logs too so we can check?

On creating new shares, it really has to be a unique name. So if you are planning on deleting the old share you can create a share with a temporary name, transfer data from that share and delete the old share folder to be able to rename the new one.

Checking this old post might help.

Regards

Message 2 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Shares not showing up in GUI (frontview?) but they still exist in /data and can access over n...

Hi @marc_carc

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements