× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Shutdown of remote ReadyNAS afer Backup?

snooker
Star

Shutdown of remote ReadyNAS afer Backup?

Hi,

I´m using two ReadNAS Devices, one as my working NAS and one only as a Backup-Device (daily backup via rsync).

I learned, that I can wake up the Backup ReadyNAS before the Backup (WOL), but I wonder if it is possible to shut it down aber finishing the backup-jobs.

I´ve seen the power-timer function with the possibilty to set shutdown events, but I want to avoid, that the shutdown accurs during a very long backup.

Any hints?

Thanks and best regards

Jan

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@snooker wrote:

I learned, that I can wake up the Backup ReadyNAS before the Backup (WOL), but I wonder if it is possible to shut it down aber finishing the backup-jobs.

The way I handle this is to run the backup jobs on the destination NAS.  That NAS is on a power schedule.  The NAS will defer shutdown if a backup job is in progress. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@snooker wrote:

The way I handle this is to run the backup jobs on the destination NAS.  That NAS is on a power schedule.  The NAS will defer shutdown if a backup job is in progress. 

Message 2 of 4
snooker
Star

@StephenB wrote:

Thanks for the hint! Good to hear, that the NAS won´t shut down during an active backup job.

Thanks and best regards

Jan

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@snooker wrote:

@StephenB wrote:

Thanks for the hint! Good to hear, that the NAS won´t shut down during an active backup job.

Note that's only if the backup job is running on that NAS.  That's why I run the jobs on the NAS that is on the power schedule.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements