× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Slow network copy

ndverge
Aspirant

Slow network copy

I have readynas 102 with two 1TB hard disk. I use this nas to backup linux server data. but when i am copying from linux folder to the netgear nas folder, it transfers at the speed of 1.15 MB/ps. I checked this process with the windows 7 client. it transfers those files at 10.1MB/ps.

i have disabled Virus and snapshot in this folder and updated to ver. of firmware 6.2.5. the format of Hard disks is ext3, and X-RAID, RAID 1.

What can i do to make this transaction speed?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
ndverge
Aspirant

Re: Slow network copy

Dear all,

My Network slow copy problem is solved by upgrading to 6.4.1. Now it is copying by the speed of 13Mbps over the network. Thanks for the help you supplied me.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Are you using NFS for the linux copying?  Or something else?

Message 2 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ndverge,

As a follow-up to StephenB's response unto you, here are my follow-up questions:

a. Is the Linux server connected via a Gigabit connection?

b. Have you tried changing the ethernet cables?

c. Are you using a CAT5e or CAT6 cables?

d. Have you tried to connect the NAS sirectly to the Linux server then try to transfer files and check if same problem occurs?

e. Have you tried using another Linux PC to isolate the problem?

I look forward to your response.  Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 6
ndverge
Aspirant

Dear all,

I am very sorry to reply you so late. Because of our server was down in vpn connections. those days i was attending to that issue.

I still not yet checked the Cable types. but I have checked others:

a. Is the Linux server connected via a Gigabit connection? YES

b. Have you tried changing the ethernet cables? NO

c. Are you using a CAT5e or CAT6 cables? WILL CHECK

d. Have you tried to connect the NAS sirectly to the Linux server then try to transfer files and check if same problem occurs? I tried. it copies files so fast. But from the server to nas via network switch.

e. Have you tried using another Linux PC to isolate the problem? Yes. problem exists but via network over switch.

Message 4 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @ndverge,

@ndverge wrote:

a. Is the Linux server connected via a Gigabit connection? YES

b. Have you tried changing the ethernet cables? NO

c. Are you using a CAT5e or CAT6 cables? WILL CHECK

d. Have you tried to connect the NAS sirectly to the Linux server then try to transfer files and check if same problem occurs? I tried. it copies files so fast. But from the server to nas via network switch.

e. Have you tried using another Linux PC to isolate the problem? Yes. problem exists but via network over switch.

Based from your answers, it seems that the switch configuration needs to be check since it works fine if the Linux server is directly connected to the NAS.  

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 6
ndverge
Aspirant

Dear all,

My Network slow copy problem is solved by upgrading to 6.4.1. Now it is copying by the speed of 13Mbps over the network. Thanks for the help you supplied me.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements