× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Softether VPN (Cannot Access ReadyNAS)

shauno100
Tutor

Softether VPN (Cannot Access ReadyNAS)

Hi, I can see this issue has been reported before but i have no idea how to resolve as there hasn't been any real clear solution. Basically my L2TP VPN server on my ReadyNAS is working and i can VPN in successfully from the internet and see all of my LAN devices with the exception of the ReadyNAS. I am unable to access the ReadyNAS admin page.

I have read that a TAP device could be setup but i have no idea what i need to configure for this. I have a Local Bridge setup from my Virtual Hub on the VPN server to the eth0 NIC on the ReadyNAS itself which is connecting the virtual hub to my physical LAN.

I noticed in the Network Adaptor drop down box i have eth0 and LeafNets, does anyone know what LeafNets is? I only have one physical LAN port on the NAS by the way.

Any help to make my ReadyNAS accessible via VPN connection would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Shaun

Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: Softether VPN (Cannot Access ReadyNAS)

The Leaf adapter is used by Ready Remote and ReadyCloud.

Message 2 of 5
shauno100
Tutor

Thanks for the reply, so would you know how to make the ReadyNAS accessible through the Softether VPN? and if so how i could set it up?

Also i've had no luck using the ReadyCloud Windows client to remote access my NAS, ReadyCloud and ReadyRemote is turned on but when the client connects to NAS i get status "Online (VPN Disconnected)"

My first preference would be to somehow fix the issue of my NAS being inaccessible through the VPN but if this cannot be fixed i would settle with remoting my NAS using the ReadyCloud software.

Thanks

Shaun

Message 3 of 5
waldbauer_com
Luminary

Hello together. Has anyone managed the SoftEther VPN access and how ? I have setup a working VPN but whenever i connect via VPN, the NAS is not listed in clients.

My setup:

192.168.0.1 .... local lan nas on 192.168.0.29

192.168.0.50 ... virtual host NIC (tap0 brigded to eth0)

192.168.2.10... virtual dhcp

Whenever i connect the VPN from my local lan, the nas i showing up with an ip.

dhcp.jpg

But as far as i connect only from a remote site the nas is not present at all. Any suggestions ?

Message 4 of 5
waldbauer_com
Luminary

Problem solved for me.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements