× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

[Solved] Help needed with ReadyNAS RND4000

tomdkat
Aspirant

[Solved] Help needed with ReadyNAS RND4000

Hi! I'm in dire need of help with getting a Netgear ReadyNAS RND4000 working properly. I can access the FrontView control panel ok over the LAN but I can't get the AFP service to run.

Here's the info I have on the NAS:

Model: Infrant ReadyNAS NV
Serial: (edited)
Firmware: RAIDiator™ v3.01c1-p6 [1.00a034]
Memory: 256 MB [2.5-3-3-7]

The label on the back says it's a ReadyNAS RND4000.

First, I tried to upgrade the firmware but I have no clue if this NAS is x86, ARM, or SPARC based. So, I downloaded all three firmware updates from here:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20684/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzc5ODY4ODU1L3NpZC8zcE5LeFpBbA%3D%3D

and tried doing a local install using the FrontView web interface (System > Update > Local). After uploading the ZIP file for SPARC, the FrontView page just refreshed and I received no messages or confirmations. I then tried the ARM ZIP file and was told the file was too large to upload. I then tried the x86 ZIP file and the FrontView page just refreshed and I received no messages or confirmations.

So, how can I get the firmware of this NAS upgraded and do I need to upgrade it? When I try the remote upgrade function (System > Update > Remote), I receive this message:

Unable to connect to the update server or retrieve update information. Click Check for Update to retry.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Message 1 of 3
tomdkat
Aspirant

Re: Help needed with ReadyNAS RND4000

Ok, I managed to get the firmware updated. 🙂 I eventually figured out I couldn't use the ZIP file I downloaded but I had to extract the files in the ZIP file and upload the image file. Once I did that, the firmware update went without a hitch:

Model: ReadyNAS NV [X-RAID]
Serial: (edited)
Firmware: RAIDiator 4.1.12 [1.00a043]
Memory: 256 MB [2.5-3-3-7]

Woo-Hoo!
Message 2 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: [Solved] Help needed with ReadyNAS RND4000

Glad you solved this issue. The old firmware you were running was released back in December 2006!

You may wish to backup your data, then do a factory default (wipes all data, settings, everything) via System > Update > Factory Default, then restore your data from backup. This would give you a clean setup on 4.1.12.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements