× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: rn626x not able to reset the password to default

PACMAN7
Tutor

Spinning wheel when trying to reset password on RN626 despite correct email and security answer

Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
PACMAN7
Tutor

Thanks Stephen. I was connecting from a Mac with SMB. But I’ve managed to get the device up and running again now.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: Spinning wheel when trying to reset password on RN626 despite correct email and security answer

@PACMAN7 wrote:

Spinning wheel when trying to reset password on RN626 despite correct email and security answer

Try doing an OS reinstall from the front panel instead.   That will reset the password back to password.

It will also

• reset the NAS ethernet to use DHCP with no bonding
  • disable volume quota (which can be re-enabled from the volume settings wheel).

See page 137 in the hardware manual for instructions:

Message 2 of 6
PACMAN7
Tutor

Re: Spinning wheel when trying to reset password on RN626 despite correct email and security answer

Thank you for the reply. I couldn't wait so wiped it and started again. I've now reached a point where another one of the Time Machine sparse bundles needs increasing and I'm back there again, trying to connect to this particular sparse bundle to no avail, so that I can delete it, and create a new, larger one. I never had to do this when I ran Apple Time Capsules. When they filled up, the oldest backup would be automatically removed by Time Machine to make way for the latest one. Which I'd assumed the Netgear NAS would also do—being advertised as a Time Machine product.

Message 3 of 6
hydroos
Aspirant

rn626x not able to reset the password to default

Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@hydroos wrote:

How are you trying to do that?  OS reinstall?  Or some other way?

Message 5 of 6
PACMAN7
Tutor

Thanks Stephen. I was connecting from a Mac with SMB. But I’ve managed to get the device up and running again now.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements