× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SqueezeCenter username/password

joelfinkle
Follower

SqueezeCenter username/password

I recently reinstalled the SqueezeCenter (now called Logitech Media Center) software on my ReadyNAS duo, because the "Setup" button resulted in a "{browser} Can not connect to this webpage" message, on Netgear's support recommendation.

I can now see the Logitech Media Center page, but it's asking me for a username and password. The username and password that works on mysqueezebox.com does not work on this page. I've tried several times, tried resetting and creating a new password to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Other details: DLink 655 router, ReadyNas Duo set to a fixed IP which is registered in the router... do I need a hole in the firewall? I didn't need it when I originally set the machine up.
Message 1 of 4
Bud1
Aspirant

I have exactly the same problem. Finally got fed up and called Logitech support. You guessed it they haven't a clue. I really think they never understood the question. I've been using these service for years with no problem, and now, nothing.

If you get an answer I would really like to know it too.

Thanks and wish us both luck.
Message 2 of 4
virgiliomi
Aspirant

Is it asking for your MySqueezebox.com username and password? This is usually the first question when a new installation of SB Server/Logitech Media Server is completed.

MySqueezebox.com is how Logitech allows you to use a wide variety of internet radio services like Slacker, Last.fm, and many more.
Message 3 of 4
mpk149
Aspirant

Re: SqueezeCenter username/password-My Fix

I had the same problem and here is how I fixed the issue:

I went into network settings and updated my DNS settings.  Each NAS maybe different or the OS you're using could be different than mine, but look for that setting.  You might be able to find your DNS settings from your router, or do a google search to find out how to search for that setting.

That's what worked for me.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements