× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Step by Step instructions for setting up Ready NAS Duo v2 as webserver.

Gordon-H
Aspirant

Step by Step instructions for setting up Ready NAS Duo v2 as webserver.

I would appreciate if someone would send me the step by step instructions for setting up my Ready NAS Duo v2 as a webserver. Also, if it is possible to host more than one website, I would like to know that information also.

Thank you in advance,

Gordon

Running W8.1

Radar 4.3.8

Duo v2  ver. 5.3.12

Two WD 3TB Drives

Model: ReadyNAS RND2110v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2
Message 1 of 4
jak0lantash
Mentor

Message 2 of 4
Gordon-H
Aspirant

Greetings,

I tried to setup the share according to the instructions but could not map the share in windows.

It asked me for login & password and I tried all i could think of and none would work.

Please help,

Thank you

Gordon

Message 3 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

@Gordon-H wrote:

Greetings,

I tried to setup the share according to the instructions but could not map the share in windows.

It asked me for login & password and I tried all i could think of and none would work.

The instructions do skip the part about setting access rights to the website share.  Of course, you should always be able to access it using admin credentials.  But remember that Windows restricts you to using a single set of credentials for any device.  A partial work-around is that the device by name is considered different than the device by IP address.

Remember, too, that Linux, and therefor Readynas, user names are case sensitive in addition to passwords.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements