× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Suddenly showing 0% used, can't browse shares

reddog1
Tutor

Suddenly showing 0% used, can't browse shares # 21374249

My ReadyNAS NV+ has been humming along fine for ages, but suddenly I now can't browse the shares.
The admin portal shows that everything seems normal, i.e. green lights on all components, no alerts, even shows green light for each of the 3 disks that I have installed.
However when I hit http://deviceIP/shares it reports as "No shares currently accessible."
Rebooting didn't change the behaviour, however when I shut it down, re-seated the drives, powered up, I then was able to access the shares (once) so madly starting copying some data overnight to another PC. Checked it in the morning, had gotten 90% through my digital photos, then started failing again.
Another shutdown/reseat/power up has unfortunately made no difference this time.

The device is also now not responding to reboot/shutdown commands given via the admin portal, can only shut it down by holding the button on the front.

From the admin status page, this is the main concern: "Volume C: Online, RAID Level , disks, 0% of 0 MB used"
Is it possible that one failed drive (although i've received no alerts) could be causing these issues? I would have thought that with RaidX the data would be striped across all disks, however this is my volume status (note disk 3 showing no usage!):
Available Disks:
Ch 1 : Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166 [1862 GB] 465 GB free
Ch 2 : Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166 [1862 GB] 465 GB free
Ch 3 : WDC WD15EARS-00S8B1 [1397 GB] 1394 GB free

Any suggestions on how to recover from this?
PS - I believe I'm running the latest firmware (RAIDiator 4.1.10 [1.00a043]) ... was concerned about making things worse if I tried to re-load the firmware?
Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Have you tried contacting tech support (see Online Submission link in my sig)? Post your case number.
Message 2 of 5
reddog1
Tutor

mdgm wrote:
Have you tried contacting tech support (see Online Submission link in my sig)? Post your case number.

Will give it a go mdgm. Will reply back when I have an update.
Message 3 of 5
reddog1
Tutor

Have logged a case, and am on the phone with them now (On hold while unit booting).
Case# 21374249
Message 4 of 5
bchurgai
Aspirant

Re: Suddenly showing 0% used, can't browse shares # 21374249

Any results from this case. Currently in the same boat with a old 600TL.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements