× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Suddenly unable to backup ?network settings

fdf
Aspirant
Aspirant

Suddenly unable to backup ?network settings

I've been backing up for over a year from my mac to my ReadyNas NV+ w/o any difficulty and it suddenly stopped working a few wks after upgrading to Mavericks but I wonder if I did something screwy to network settings in trying to fix it. There's plenty of capacity in the ReadyNas hard drives (27% used). I've rebooted the ReadyNas, the router, and my mac multiple times and all software is upgraded (RAIDar 4.3.8, RAIDiator 4.1.12)). The ReadyNas shows up on Time Machine under "select disk", but attempts to connect result in the error "There was a problem connecting to the server "NAS-01-B5-D8" the server may not exist or it is unavailable at this time...

On the ReadyNas here are my network settings: Online/full-duplex. IPv4: Use values from DHCP server (I've tried renewing), IPv4 address 10.0.1.11, subnet 255.255.255.0, Speed/duplex: Auto-negotiation. Nothing's been changed in workgroup, password, security, services (I did try turning off and then back on AFP), Shares, or system.

My mac is connected via ethernet to an airport router (Also won't work if I try it wirelessly). My macbook which connects wirelessly also now won't back up (and I made no changes to it). Network settings on my mac: IP 10.0.1.4, Config IPv4: Using DHCP (and I've renewed DHCP lease), Subnet 255.255.255.0, router 10.0.1.1, DNS 10.0.1.0, config IPv6 automatically.

I have no trouble accessing my regular files and media on the ReadyNas, it just won't connect for Time Machine.

Any ideas anyone?? Much appreciated.
Message 1 of 6
fastfwd
Virtuoso

Re: Suddenly unable to backup ?network settings

You need RAIDiator 4.1.13 RC1 or later: http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=409701#p409701
Message 2 of 6
fdf
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oops, I thought that this fixed it, but it lead me to a different error/different problem. Updated RAIDiator went without a hitch, rebooted ReadyNAS and computer, it finds the ReadyNAS when I attempt to backup, asks for username and PW, prepares to backup, and then eventually gives this error when it fails: "Time Machine couldn't complete the backup. An error occurred while copying files. The problem may be temporary. If the problem persists, use Disk Utility to repair your backup disk."

I checked everything on the ReadyNAS, and everything still seems to be set up the way it was when this used to work. I can still access all off my other files normally on the ReadyNAS from Finder as well, I just can't get Time Machine backup to work (has attempted mult times unsuccessfully).

Any further ideas please??
Message 3 of 6
fastfwd
Virtuoso

Have you tried disabling Time Machine in Frontview, then re-enabling it?
Message 4 of 6
fdf
Aspirant
Aspirant

2 or 3 times, logging out from frontview too. Makes no diff. What's interesting is I was now able to back up from my macbook (wirelessly) w/o any difficulty but my imac still won't (used to work fine until a few days ago and I don't believe that I've made any changes)--tried both by ethernet and wirelessly. I've done a repair on the HD--didn't find anything significant. I've rebooted the desktop w/o effect.
Message 5 of 6
fastfwd
Virtuoso

Sorry, you've reached the limit of my knowledge. Maybe posting in that thread I mentioned earlier (http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=409701) will get more assistance.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements