× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

System volume root's usage is 92% on RN214

Alex_CCIM
Apprentice

System volume root's usage is 92% on RN214

My System Volume Root's usage is 92%.  The only apps that I have on my system are Netgear Surveillance and Plex Media Server.  I would appreciate any help in solving this problem.

- Alex

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: System volume root's usage is 92% on RN214

@Alex_CCIM wrote:

My System Volume Root's usage is 92%.  The only apps that I have on my system are Netgear Surveillance and Plex Media Server.  I would appreciate any help in solving this problem.

It's almost certainly Plex.  There is a procedure I posted that should help you resolve it here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/ReadyNAS-214-System-Volume-root-useage-9...

Note that if you are using Windows you'd connect to the NAS either using putty or by using the built-in ssh command that is in the newer versions of Windows.  For instance, entering ssh root@nas-ip-address into the Windows search bar or the command prompt.  

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@Alex_CCIM wrote:

It's almost certainly Plex.  There is a procedure I posted that should help you resolve it here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/ReadyNAS-214-System-Volume-root-useage-9...

Note that if you are using Windows you'd connect to the NAS either using putty or by using the built-in ssh command that is in the newer versions of Windows.  For instance, entering ssh root@nas-ip-address into the Windows search bar or the command prompt.  

Message 2 of 5
Alex_CCIM
Apprentice

Stephen,

I appreciate your help.  I will try it out this weekend and report back my results.  Thank you!

-Alex

Message 3 of 5
Alex_CCIM
Apprentice

Stephen,

You are a miracle working.  It wasn't Plex but your method led me to MySQL files.  Thank you!

-Alex

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@Alex_CCIM wrote:

It wasn't Plex but your method led me to MySQL files.  Thank you!

Glad I could help.  

One way to deal with this is to move the folders to the data volume (creating a share to hold them), and then replace them with soft links on the OS partition.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements