× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: The Name is reserved! ReadyNAS 104

Mr_EdAthon
Tutor

The Name is reserved! ReadyNAS 104

Morning   all, 

I've been using my NAS 104 for the last  5+ years maybe more with no problems however recently I've upgraded my hard drives   to a larger capacity , copied all my data across with no problems ,  however I did initially have a WD USB portable 6TB drive attached where my backup would save to   which was called USB_HDD_1  now I disconnected this drive ran a chkdsk via Windows computer, reformatted the hard drive  to back up from a fresh start however when I reconnected this portable drive back to the NAS it renamed the drive to USB_HDD_2   and no matter what  I try and do it will not rename back to USB_HDD_1 why is this? and is there anyway I can get around this? I've even tried to rename it to USB_HDD_23 but the system still wont have this, I can't even blank the drive  label anymore  if I remove whatever I had put in place the drive always goes back to  the previous label, is this a bug? 

I'm running the latest firmware of 6.10.7  

Thanks 

Edward

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Mr_EdAthon
Tutor

Morning, 

Thank you for your reply, however I have managed to sort this configuration now, I SSH to the NAS   and deleted  the  USB entries within the usb_mount configuration file  once this was done I saved the file and reconnected the external USB drive once again and now it been recognised as  USB_HDD_1.  

Regards 

Edward 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Mr_EdAthon

Welcome to the Community!

Have you disconnected the drive properly?unmounting first before disconnecting?Are you using any kind of hub?

Message 2 of 3
Mr_EdAthon
Tutor

Morning, 

Thank you for your reply, however I have managed to sort this configuration now, I SSH to the NAS   and deleted  the  USB entries within the usb_mount configuration file  once this was done I saved the file and reconnected the external USB drive once again and now it been recognised as  USB_HDD_1.  

Regards 

Edward 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements