× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Time Machine completed a verification of your backups...

LakeDaisy
Aspirant

Time Machine completed a verification of your backups...

I have received this error 3 times now. Once on my MBP and twice on my spouses MBP. Have had to completely replace the TM backup each time. I lost a years worth of backups in the process.

ReadyNAS Duo RAIDiator 4.1.8-T9 and OS Lion.

Never received this problem before Lion and 4.1.8. Not sure which is causing the problem. I do sometimes remove the ReadyNAS from the wireless router and connect it directly to my MBP through the ethernet. And I do shut the ReadyNAS down at night. But this never caused a problem before.

I did change one other thing. On the NAS settings I changed - allow drive to spin down when not used for 5 minutes. However, after the first occurrence of the subject error, I changed the setting back to not allow the drive to stop.

My search found the same problem others were having around Oct '10 and Jan '11. But there wasn't a resolution.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Rob
Message 1 of 3
Powersup
Aspirant

Re: Time Machine completed a verification of your backups...

I had the same problems several times under Snow Leopard and my old NV. I opened a support ticket and after a "deep" investigation by the ReadyNAS staffs, the reason was always a proper shutdown of my ReadyNas while a TimeMachine backup was in progress. The problem was my time scheduled shut down of my ReadyNas NV all the time and reproducible.
Since I don't shut down my ReadyNAS scheduled it works fine.
Message 2 of 3
LakeDaisy
Aspirant

Re: Time Machine completed a verification of your backups...

Understand. I'll try turning off TM before shutting down the NAS. Thanks Powersup.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements