× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Time Machine only displays 2.37gb available

rodrigojds
Aspirant

Time Machine only displays 2.37gb available

Hi Everybody!

I'm new to the group however I do have a question. I recently purchased a ReadyNas RN104 model and I setup up the shared Time Machine backup with 750gb. Everything was going well but for some reason I never completed a backup successfully. So I tried setting it up again but now I get a message from my Mac saying that I have insufficient space even though I have plenty of space on the Nas. 

After checking it only appears that I have 2.64 gb free in TM and before it would say 750gb - like I had specified. 

I tried searching for the 'sparsebundle' file but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Any help on this? Is there something that I am missing?

I'm running OS 6.9.3 Beta 2 which I installed 2 days ago.

Thanks a lot!

Rodrigo

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Time Machine only displays 2.37gb available

The sparsebundle is on the data volume in the hidden .timemachine folder

Message 2 of 8
rodrigojds
Aspirant

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. I have read other threads with the similar problem and looked all over for that file with no avail. I used SSH to login and searched for the sparsebundle file and nothing. There are no hidden files. I also used other solutions that I found in the forum but they didn't help 😞

Message 3 of 8
StephenB
Guru

wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. I have read other threads with the similar problem and looked all over for that file with no avail. I used SSH to login and searched for the sparsebundle file and nothing. There are no hidden files. I also used other solutions that I found in the forum but they didn't help 😞

You are saying that if you go with ssh and enter

# ls -al /data

You don't see a folder called .timemachine ???

It should be there, even if timemachine is not enabled.  Note if you use flexraid, you need to replace data with your volume name.

If it is there, then look at what's in that folder.

Message 4 of 8
rodrigojds
Aspirant

Hi!

Yes I do see a .timemachine folder but when I navigate into it it is empty. I don't understand how it is only displaying 2.37gb when before it would display the correct free size.

Could it be because I am running the beta version of the OS?

thanks

Rodrigo

Message 5 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Probably best to wait for @mdgm-ntgr to follow up. I can't do to much here since I am a Windows user.

Message 6 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Are you using AFP or SMB for Time Machine?

Can you send me your logs (See the Sending Logs link in my sig?)

Message 7 of 8
rodrigojds
Aspirant

Hello,

I had a look into the AFP or SMB and even though AFP gave me a warning it seems to be working. The correct size appears in the Time Machine options!

Thanks for your help!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements