× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rif.: Time Machine slow after 6.5.2 update

JustKJ
Aspirant

Re: Time Machine slow after 6.5.2 update

I thought I had this in my original post.  But cannot see it.   My Rig:

iMac Late 2012 OS: El Capitan 10.11.6
Netgear Router WNDR4300
Netgear ReadyNAS 314    OS 6.6.0
Netgear 8 Port Switch   GS108
Netgear Cable Modem    CM500

I have the WiFi on the iMac turned off for all the testing.  The longest cable run is 20 feet, the rest are 8 or less. All using Cat 6 cable.

Message 26 of 29
Francysen
Aspirant

hello, order to use hd connects to my router to use time machine, which kind of format type do you use? NTFS? thansj
Message 27 of 29
StephenB
Guru

@Francysen wrote:
hello, order to use hd connects to my router to use time machine, which kind of format type do you use? NTFS? thansj

This is in the wrong forum - it should be in the WiFi Router forum.  Please repost it there, and include your Netgear router model.

Here's a link: https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Routers/ct-p/home-wifi-routers

Message 28 of 29
JustKJ
Aspirant

Re: Time Machine slow after 6.5.2 update

FramerV,

Its been awhile since I have see you post, did you check with the other people and did you find any additional information?

As an update to my situation, i have updated to Sierra and that made no change.  Today I updated Sierra to 10.12.2 and tried initiatign a time machine back up and after 2 hours it is still preparing the backup.

Message 29 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements