× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Timestamp issues with ReadyNAS OS 6.10.3

PPP_Inc
Aspirant

Timestamp issues with ReadyNAS OS 6.10.3

tl;dr Why does ReadyNAS and/or ReadyCloud change timestamps on files in a folder that has been copied?

We've been using ReadyNAS since about 2014.  Timestamps have never been an issue.  Starting in March, we moved to a work from home environment, using ReadyCloud and the same ReadyNAS hardware, shares, file structure, etc.

Last week, a ReadyCloud colleague renamed a folder on the ReadyNAS, and the timestamps of the files in the folder updated one my one, sequentially. One file would update, then the next. In my tests below, I witnessed this first hand.  With the folder open, I could see the dates changing.

I started testing.  I have two systems to work with.  One in the office, not using ReadyCloud, which interacts with the ReadyNAA locally on the same 10.x.x.x office network, and my work from home setup, connected via ReadyCloud.  Here's what I've found.

Folder location - ReadyNAS

Copy to local desktop

Copy it to local desktop via Readycloud, or locally without ReadyCloud
Folder copy has new timestamp, files inside retain their old timestamp.

Renaming folder
Desktop - folder timestamp does not change. File timestamps do not change
ReadyNAS Locally - Folder Timestamp does not change. File Timestamps do not change.
ReadyCloud - Folder timestamp does not change, files inside are updated.

Copy from ReadyNAS to ReadyNAS
Locally - folder timestamp changes, files remain the same.
        Renamed locally - folder timestamp didn't change, files timestamps did change
ReadyCloud - folder timestamp changes, file timestamps change.

Copy from desktop to ReadyNAS
Locally - Folder timestamp updates, file timestamps update
ReadyCloud - Folder timestamp updates, file timestamps update

Windows 10 behavior in this case, copying from one drive to another, or to a different folder on the same drive, is that folder time stamp is updated, the files in the folder are not. Is this a ReadyNAS issue that can be resolved?  As far as I know this is relatively new behavior, as it would have been brought to my attention as soon as it was noticed.

Model: RN51661E|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay 6x1TB Enterprise Drive
Message 1 of 2
Mr_Wonka
Tutor

Re: Timestamp issues with ReadyNAS OS 6.10.3

Same problem, all metadata is removed from the photos - very disapointed about this. Hopefully this can be resolved as it never used to do this.

Model: RN426|ReadyNAS 426 – High-performance Business Data Storage - 6-Bays
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements