× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Tivo can't see all my .Tivo files on WNDR3800

hershey4
Aspirant

Tivo can't see all my .Tivo files on WNDR3800

I've used the Tivo support on the WNDR3800 router for awhile with no problems. I had 21 .Tivo files there in the past. I recently moved and upgraded my Tivo Series 2 to Premiere 4. Other than that and the ISP, all the hardware and software is the same. I put 2 new .Tivo files on the network drive. I first pulled them from Tivo using Tivo Desktop. Then I copied them to the network folder -- same as always. They are not seen by my Tivo. I get the menu item and see the top-level folder just fine, but when I navigate to the Tivo folder, there are only 21 files there, not 23. I connected the USB drive to my PC to verify that there are indeed 23 .Tivo files.

I also noticed initially that the folder contents were stale when viewed from the Tivo. I had deleted a lot of non-Tivo archive stuff somewhere along the way, but WNDR3800 drive still showed that stuff. After a series of reboots and such, the non-Tivo stuff is refreshened, but the missing 2 .Tivo files are still missing.

Have not a clue what to look at! Not a techie.

Oh yea, the network is slightly different from previous setup... using a Moca network vs. wi-fi. But this drive is USB, so I think moca/wifi not relevant.

Router firmware is V1.0.0.44
Readyshare read/write is all access no password
Advanced setting has Automatic scan for new content is set.
The help popup (yes, I actually read it!!) says "You can also click Rescan media files to delete current database and do a whole new scan immediately." but no such click is available. Probably that help popup goes with a readynas device rather than my wndr3800.
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements