× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Tivo s3, NV+ and streamed video

daveh0
Aspirant

Tivo s3, NV+ and streamed video

Greetings,

In case it's not completely apparent, major NOOB question here...

Is it possible to stream video from my ReadyNAS NV+ (v1) to my Tivo S3 HD? I uploaded the ReadyDLNA_1.1.0~rc4.bin add-on, which I believe is the most updated, yes? When I navigate to the 'Music, movies and showcases' screen on my Tivo, both the 'photos' and 'music' shares show up but not the 'Videos'.

Do I need to be using a different add-on? or make changes to ReadyDLNA's default configuration? anything else?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!!

-dave
Message 1 of 3
daveh0
Aspirant

Re: Tivo s3, NV+ and streamed video

*** UPDATE ***

I just learned that the Video share actually shows up in the 'Now Playing' section of the Tivo menu. So now I can navigate to that section, and it even displays a number next to the 'All Videos' folder indicating the number of videos contained. BUT when I go into that folder, it says that the group is empty.

Any ideas?
Message 2 of 3
daveh0
Aspirant

Re: Tivo s3, NV+ and streamed video

OK through this thread: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=500261, I learned that Tivo will only recognize MPEG-2 (.mpg) encoded files.... I just now tried a sample file and it seemed to work flawlessly.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements