× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Troubles with folder.jpg

NarKo
Aspirant

Troubles with folder.jpg

Hello,

I've got a big problem :

I've got a ReadyNAS Duo with DLNA (1.0.21)
I want to watch movies with a Freebox Revolution (dsl box)

The box only see the movie cover in the folder, the *.avi is not shown.

My setting :

folder : - Movies
-xxx.avi (movie)
-xxx.jpg (cover)

In this case, the Freebox only show me the xxx.jpg
In DLNA setup, the share Movies is content type "Videos"

I don't understand what's wrong....

I need help...
Message 1 of 4
sphardy1
Apprentice

Possibly because .avi is not a DLNA supported container (according to the DLNA web site: http://www.dlna.org/industry/why_dlna/k ... ia_format/)
Message 2 of 4
jonas_strandber
Aspirant

Was trying to find a manual for the free but they obviously only come in french and I do not understand it 😞
For most dlna/upnp clients you make a choice in the top level menu what type of media you want to play. If that choice is "pictures" you will later on only see pictures in the folders no matter what content they hold. Much like what you are explaining in your post. This could be one reason for the free not showing the avi-file(s). Another reason could be if the client either do not support playing movies and/or not support that specific codec used for your specific avi-file. Some clients are designed only to show the files the know how to play. If this is the case try a file you know is supported by your client (Free)
Message 3 of 4
NarKo
Aspirant

Thanks for the answers....

after some tests, i can play movies ONLY if i delete all the .jpg in the videos folder... 😕
i think it's a bug of my dsl box (Free)

because i've got a neoTV 550 (for another TV), and i have no problem with *.avi and *.jpg in same folder with it.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements