× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: UPS Choice

pourpain
Aspirant

UPS Choice

I am wondering if there are specific requirements for USB-connected UPS.  Such as an CyberPower EC850LCD? (Found a cheap one used, so just seeing if it is worth it!).  NV+ running 4.1.16

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

It looks like that will work.

FWIW, I use several CyberPower UPS - but not that particular model.

Message 2 of 5
pourpain
Aspirant

Thanks again.  I got something a bit smaller than planned (CP550SL for $20 - I love Craigslist!).  ReadyNAS has detected it, but I am waiting for a full charge to see how it performs...  should be perfectly fine as long as the NAS shuts down when directed.

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@pourpain wrote:

should be perfectly fine as long as the NAS shuts down when directed.

Yes, it should work ok.  One thing to be careful about with used UPS - the battery life does degrade over time.  So you should probably measure the run time when you make your test.

Message 4 of 5
pourpain
Aspirant

Tested this morning and it gives 2.5 minutes before it hit 50% and shut down the NAS.  I have 70 watts of load plugged into it (50 for NAS, 20 for cable modem, wifi, switch, etc).  Also installed NUT on Ubuntu and it triggered shutdown on that as well.  2.5 minutes probably isn't the best but this does exactly what I need it to do..!

StephenB, thank you for your responding to all of my messages.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements