× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: UPS battery alert caused odd things in logs and scrub

vrspectre
Apprentice

UPS battery alert caused odd things in logs and scrub

My 516 has been working on it's quarterly data scrube for the last few days. Last night the battery in my UPS failed. It doesn't seem to have lost power though. The ReadyNAS emailed me that the UPS battery needed to be replaced. So this morning I gracefully powered everything down, replaced the battery, and booted it all backup. 

I noticed that all of my performance graphs are empty going back to January now. And my scrub also seems to have been aborted. There's nothing in the log though about it finishing or being aborthed. 

I'm running 6.10.1

1) Will a UPS failure event like bad battery stop a scrub in progress? 

2) Why would this battery event remove performance graph data so far back? 

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@vrspectre wrote:

1) Will a UPS failure event like bad battery stop a scrub in progress? 

2) Why would this battery event remove performance graph data so far back? 

Both happened because you powered down and restarted the NAS.

Message 2 of 5
vrspectre
Apprentice

But the grapsh shows older data still. See attached. Why would gracefully shutting down the nas clear the graph date when it doesn't seem to have done that in the past. 

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@vrspectre wrote:

Why would gracefully shutting down the nas clear the graph data when it doesn't seem to have done that in the past. 

I thought it did that, but I am seeing data back to last May with my own NAS (and it has been shut down a couple of times).  So I have no good explanation on that part.  Sorry for the confusion.

But I don't think it would be related to the UPS battery issue.

Message 4 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

I have seen gaps in and total restarts of the performance data without any clue as to what triggers them.  It's kept in files (I forget right now where, but I found them), so there is no reason I can see that this would occur.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements