× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

UPS power setting reverting to Auto after RN312 reboot.

UPS power setting reverting to Auto after RN312 reboot.

I've had my RN312 for a few years and it has been a workhorse.  I have a APC 1500 Rackmount UPS on my server rack to make sure I can access the internet when the power goes out.  The 312 recognizes the UPS fine with the USB connection.  I've set the UPS power setting to power down the NAS when the battery hits 90%.   However, when there is an update, or,  for whatever other reason that comes up and I have to reboot the unit, the UPS power setting goes back to "Auto".  I'm trying to keep it at 90% so my NAS does not drain the battery completely as with the Auto setting. Is there anyway to set it to 90% permenently without having to manually go back to the setting after every reboot?   Thank you for any help.  

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2-Bay
Message 1 of 2
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: UPS power setting reverting to Auto after RN312 reboot.

Hi @DynamicHispanic, in case your ups cannot load its battery beyond the level of 90% the system might fall back to auto.

So, you might want to check how much that battery is loaded. If it can not be loaded beyond 90%, you might want to try a lower level, eg 80% or 70% and see, whether it still is falling back to auto with the new setting. You also might want to think about having a replacement battery ready should the old one die "suddenly and unexpected". Testing the ups (eg every quarter) mimicking a power outage might also give some insight about the health of that battery.

Kind regards

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements