× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ultra 2 Update Query

RichardG085
Aspirant

Ultra 2 Update Query

I am running a ReadyNAS Ultra 2 and have been trying to check for software/system updates. For some reason, each time I click on the 'Check for Update' button nothing happens and after a while the page times out? This may also be linked to another query I posted on this forum regarding time server problems not working. Apart from these 2 issues the ReadyNAS is working fine.
Any suggestions as to why this may be happening?

Regards

Richard
Message 1 of 5
RX
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Ultra 2 Update Query

What is current firmware version of your ReadyNAS Ultra 2?
Message 2 of 5
RichardG085
Aspirant

Current Firmware version is RAIDiator 4.2.24

Regards

Richard
Message 3 of 5
RX
Luminary
Luminary

Have you check the DNS settings of your NAS? You may set it to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

Also you may want to upgrade the firmware manually to your NAS. The latest firmware version is 4.2.27 and you may download it from here: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25755
Message 4 of 5
RichardG085
Aspirant

Thank you to all who replied / gave options. I have now sorted the problem!

Sometime ago I changed my ISP and Router. Whilst I could see my NAS it could not see the outside World because the DNS Gateway address was incorrect on the NAS - Changes made and auto update done by NAS along with time check update which can now see the correct server!

Regards

Richard
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements