× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ultra 2 updated to 6.2.4, CUPS + Google Cloud Print working!

Syndil1
Aspirant

Ultra 2 updated to 6.2.4, CUPS + Google Cloud Print working!

Hi guys, this took me most of today to figure out (mostly because I am not Linux savvy) but I was able to update my Ultra 2 to OS 6.2.4, and then install CUPS and Google Cloud print. AND make it all work. I've successfully printed from my Windows machine on the LAN, from my Google Drive via Chrome, and from a downloaded PDF file on my Android phone.

In a nutshell, I followed the already existing instructions on the OS upgrade, enabled SSH, logged in as root, set some DNS settings, apt-get installed the necessary cups stuff, installed my Brother HL2240, then used the following instructions to aid in the installation of Google Cloud print: http://sysmagazine.com/posts/149520/

If anyone else wants to give it a try, let me know if you run into any issues and I'll see if I can remember how I got past them myself. Mainly just wanted to let people know that it is indeed possible now, since it has been asked about in the past. Sadly I didn't take notes as I was doing all this, so I don't have a clear-cut outline I can post for you, but I think I've hit most of the roadblocks you're likely to encounter and will have some useful info for you as you proceed. Maybe if someone else tries it and works it out we can get some sort of outline going.
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements