× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ultra 6 - Odd Update Issue

applebyter
Aspirant

Ultra 6 - Odd Update Issue

Hi All,

I've just upgraded my Ultra 6 to RAIDiator 4.2.18 from 4.2.17. I tried to use the remote update feature but got the following error message:
Shutdown options are currently unavailable due to an active background task. This page will automatically update when the task is complete. Please attempt the shutdown again at that time.

I found a backup job that had failed and deleted it. The log then showed a message saying:
Backup button jobs finished.

This message was time-stamped several days ago but appeared after the most recent system up message. I then got a pop-up dialog saying that the firmware checksum was invalid and the update had failed.
I tried the remote update feature again but got the same error message. After a few minutes I also got he same pop-up error message about the checksum.
I then downloaded the firmware image and did a local update. I then got the following error message:
Invalid checksum detected in the update file. Update aborted.

After a few minutes I then got the standard update message about shutting down the ReadyNAS and rebooting. I did this from within FrontView and the Ultra 6 rebooted and came up with the standard front panel messages about installing the firmware (except it seemed to do this twice). After the Ultra 6 had rebooted and I connected with FrontView it is now updated to 4.2.18.
Any ideas as to why the odd behaviour in trying to do the update?

Richard
Message 1 of 2
dltrek
Aspirant

Re: Ultra 6 - Odd Update Issue

Hello applebyter,

The issue is also discussed in http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=55262.

Leo
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements