× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to access Local Admin Page

earroyave
Star

Unable to access Local Admin Page

I encountered the problem of not being able to access using ReadyCLOUD (which is now known to have been caused by a Netgear issue) and after logging into the Admin Page I did turn ReadyCLOUD back on - this was last week sometime.  Once I did this I was able to view and access the shares once again and have access to the files I was looking for.  Fast forward a couple of days, when attempting to go back to the Admin Page I am now getting the following error when selecting Manage | Admin Page from the readycloud.netgear.com address:

Local Admin Page

The Admin page can only be accessed when you are in the same network (LAN) as your device

So I tried accessing via the IP address https://10.xxx.xxx.xxx/admin and here I get the message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admin on this server.

Apache/2/2/31 (Debian) Server at 10.xxx.xxx.xxx Port 443

The ReadyNAS is now running firmware 6.6.1 and shows as being healthy but at the present time I cannot manage it.

Both computers I have used (one a Mac and another a Windows) are on the same network and both show the same issues.  Any suggestions on how to gain access to the Admin Page so that I can manage this device?

Thanks!

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
ikonuk
Guide

Rebooting (by taking power off) seemed to solve my problem.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

10.x.x.x are private addresses (will not route over the internet), so it is perfectly safe to post them.

Does the https://10.x.x.x/fwbroker respond?

Message 2 of 11
Sandshark
Sensei

Did you, perhaps without understanding the consequences (though I think it warns you), turn off HTTPS access on the System/Settings page?

I don't use ReadyCloud, but I assume you can check that and turn it back on if needed via ReadyCloud admin access.

Message 3 of 11
earroyave
Star

Message I get is:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /fwbroker on this server.

Does it both on port 80 and 443.

Message 4 of 11
earroyave
Star

Don't recall doing this as all I did was to turn ReadyCLOUD back on which solved the problem of being able to access the files.  I did a port scan and see that 443 and 80 are both available though.

Message 5 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What's the status of the NAS showing as in RAIDar?

Message 6 of 11
earroyave
Star

RAIDar does show the device as healthy.  As a test I rebooted the ReadyNAS this morning and was able to log into the Admin page through RAIDar, tried this prior to the reboot and was unable to do so.  So it looks like a service had hung???  I am able to access files although walking on eggshells given that I did lose data on the ReadyCLOUD outage.

So now I am on to the data recovery portion of the exercise...

Message 7 of 11
ikonuk
Guide

I have the same problem after rejoining the readyCloud as per instructions in the email from Netgear April 20, 2017. I tried typing ip on the browser and get the Forbidden message. I also tried https://192.x.x.x/fwbroker, I get the similar message "You don't have permission to access /fwbroker on this server". The Drive seems to be working find. I can see the shares.

What do I do?

Regards;

I. Konuk

Message 8 of 11
ikonuk
Guide

Rebooting (by taking power off) seemed to solve my problem.

Message 9 of 11
earroyave
Star

That is what I had to do and it seems to have cleared the hung service.  Wish there was a better way to restart services although that would probably entail ssh into the box which adds other issues.

Message 10 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@earroyave wrote:

although that would probably entail ssh into the box which adds other issues.

Simply enabling SSH shouldn't create any problems - it depends on what you've done with it.

There should be no problem if you use it simply to check status and shut down.  If you start changing stuff, then Netgear will probably insist on a factory reset before they provide support.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements